Place Categories: Cross Dock and CarrierPlace Tags: bfs services, carrollton, and texas
BFS Services provides various warehousing services, including:
- Warehousing Services (read about our Warehouse features, safety, and security).
- Cross-docking Services (Container break, unloading and loading. Last Mile, Local Delivery, Local Distribution).
- Order Fulfillment Services (Pick & Pack services, Small parcel shipping).
- Short and Long Term Storage.
- Freight palletizing and banding as well as freight sort and segregate.
BFS Services boasts over 400,000 square feet of commercial and contract warehouse space. BFS Services provides full service warehousing. With clear ceilings over 30 feet, racked space and floor space – BFS Services can handle all of your warehousing needs. BFS also has many warehouse features and services that sets us apart from our competition.
DFW Warehouse Features
Inventory Management System / Inventory Control System
BFS provides clients with a highly customizable inventory management system (IMS) or inventory control system (ICS). A secure web portal is provided for full web visibility. The web portal provides inventory levels, reporting, detailed shipping history, online order entry, shipment tracking as well as lot / serial number control and tracking. The system also supports document imaging.
The IMS / ICS system also provides order processing, quality control, labeling services, bills of lading, packing lists, EDI, billing and more. The warehouses are also equipped with all forms of bar code scanning and cross docking scanning.
Warehouse Insurance & Safety
BFS Services has full warehouseman’s liability, general liability and Fidelity coverage. Drivers are bonded and insured.
All warehouses have sprinkler systems with 100% coverage.
BFS Services warehouses are secure facilities. The Coppell warehouse is TSA Certified security (and only 10 minutes from DFW International Airport).
All warehouses have recorded cameras and security systems in place. Alarms are monitored 24 hours a day. The building security system is monitored for fire and theft. The office parks also have uniformed security guards.
All drivers and trucks are GPS tracked and monitored. After hours services are available on trucking.
Warehouse Physical Features
BFS Services warehouses are equipped with full logistics equipment. There are over 4,000 racked pallet locations plus thousands of square feet of floor space great for container breakdown, sorting, and local distribution. All pallet locations are designed for standard 40″x48″ pallets with narrow aisles.
BFS warehouses can accept various trucks and docking needs. There are over 40 covered docks with concrete loading ramps (flatbed offloading ramps) or flatbed capabilities.
BFS has forklifts with a 7,000 pound lift capability and has clamp trucks as well.
BFS’ Carrolton warehouses provide drayage (railroad access, rail to warehouse / warehouse to rail). Please contact us for more information.
DFW Cross Docking Services (Last Mile, Local Delivery, Local Distribution)
Cross-docking is a practice in logistics of:
– unloading materials from an incoming semi-trailer truck or railroad car
– loading these materials directly into outbound trucks, trailers, or rail cars,
with little or no storage in between.
Cross docking also has many other names or related services.
– Container Break, or container breakdown.
– Container unloading, sorting, loading.
– Local Distribution / Last Mile Delivery Services / Local Delivery
Reasons for applying cross docking are:
– to change type of conveyance
– to sort material intended for different destinations
– to combine material from different origins into transport vehicles (or containers)
with the same, or similar destination.
In the LTL trucking industry, cross-docking is done by moving cargo from one transport vehicle directly into another, with minimal or no warehousing. In retail practice, cross-docking operations may utilize staging areas where inbound materials are sorted, consolidated, and stored until the outbound shipment is complete and ready to ship.
When is cross-docking used?
The process of cross docking will not suit every warehouses needs, it is therefore important to make an informed decision as to whether cross-docking will increase the productivity, costs and customer satisfaction for your specific business. Cross docking can advance the supply chain for a variety of specific products. For one, unpreserved or temperature controlled items such as food which need to be transported as quickly as possible can be benefitted by this process. Additionally, already packaged and sorted products ready for transportation to a particular customer can become a faster and more efficient process through cross docking.
Some of the main reasons cross docking is implemented is to:
Address: 1810 Kelly Blvd
- Provide a central site for products to be sorted and similar products combined to be delivered to multiple destinations in the most productive and fastest method. This process can be described as “hub and spoke”
- Combine numerous smaller product loads into one method of transport to save on transportation costs. This process can be described as ‘consolidation arrangements’.
- Break down large product loads into smaller loads for transportation to create an easier delivery process to the customer. This process can be described as ‘deconsolidation arrangements’.
United StatesContact: DispatchPhone: 972-416-7444
- Local Pick n Drop
- 53 Footers
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.